High School Winter Lacrosse League Registration
Are you ready to get out of the cold and keep your lacrosse skills sharp during the winter? The Winter Lacrosse League is back for another season of indoor lacrosse at the Round Lake Sports Center.
Click here to register and secure your spot. Registration is $200 for the High School Winter Lacrosse League season which will run for ten weeks between December 8, 2019 and February 23, 2020.
We are excited to start the fourth year of the Winter Lacrosse League and incorporate changes to league play based on player feedback. Our goal is to create fast-paced box style games in a 6v6 format that gets players lots of reps, playing time, and exciting offensive lacrosse – we want to see players passing and creating off-ball movement.
Here is what to expect…
- We will have 6 teams this year
- Play will be a box style 6v6 with a goalie
- No D poles – focus will be on playing fundamental defense with hands and feet
- Goalies will rotate weekly
- Teams may shuffle week-to-week to ensure evenly match rosters
- 10-minute warm-up and coach directed game prep
- 2- minute halves and 5-minute halftime
- US Lacrosse rules for penalties and offsides
- There will be man down / man up play
- Contact will be at a minimum and monitored very closely
- The game will start with a faceoff; after each goal teams have 15-seconds to substitute and reset at the faceoff line
- Teams selected on December 2 and notification with week 1 schedule to players by December 4
- Games played on Sundays, starting December 8 (no game scheduled on Christmas and Super Bowl weeks)
- December games will occur between 3pm and 6pm; January and February games between 6pm and 9pm – no games after 9pm
- Players will need to respond weekly in regards to attendance out of respect to their team - we understand that there will be some scheduling conflicts and ask for communication so we can help balance league and team schedules
- No players under the high school year 2023 will be permitted to play in the high school league
Lake Villa Timberwolves Lacrosse sponsors the Winter Lacrosse League to promote the growing sport of lacrosse in our local communities and to give our high school athletes an opportunity to develop their lacrosse skills in the offseason.