Thank you all for registering for the 2018 Lake Villa Timberwolves Cheer season! It was great to see so many new and returning faces. Although it seems that we have a long wait until the season starts, we are busy behind the scenes to make this a fun and memorable year for our athletes.
Here is a very brief overview of what’s to come. I hope it helps to answer any questions you may have. If not, please reach out! (Additional information, including flyers for our fundraisers and events, may be found on our website!)
We still have two more registrations (3/17 and 4/21). Once the April registration closes, teams will be finalized and you will be receiving an email from your Coach regarding practices, fittings times and other important information.
Practices and Games:
All squads cheer at Football games on weekends starting end of August.
Practices will start in mid-July for all teams. All squads will practice 2 – 3 nights a week in July and August. After Labor Day practices will drop to 2 nights a week. Additional practices will be added the week before any competition.
Practice days and times have not been determined yet. We will have a better idea when final registration closes and we have team sizes.
We compete in Illinois Recreational Cheer Association (IRCA) cheer competitions.
Our K – 1st Squad will participate in 1 competition.
Our 2nd – 8th grade squads will compete in 4 competitions.
We will not have competition dates until organizations can register in June/July. As soon as we have them, we will communicate them to you.
With a qualifying score, our 2nd – 8th grade squads may earn bids to compete at the State Competition in December. (Please note that State historically takes place the first week of December, this year the first full weekend is December 7-9, we will confirm the actual date in late February).
ST. PATRICK’S DAY PARADE:
All Timberwolves are welcome to walk in the Lake Villa St. Patrick’s Day Parade! Additional details will be sent out. In the mean time, please save the date: Saturday March 17th!
· St. Patrick Day Shirts:If you would like a Timberwolves St. Patrick’s Day shirt, you may purchase directly online through the Cheer Shoppe and pick up at the Pancake Breakfast on March 4th. If you are unable to attend the Pancake Breakfast, you can still order and pick up at another time. Deadline to order is Friday February 23. Shirts are not required to walk in the parade. Shirts may be purchased here: http://www.cheershoppe.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=645
Uniform Fittings will take place on May 20th. At this time, I do not have the final amount for fittings. Those fees will be determined after the spring fundraisers close and we finalize discussions with our vendors. That information will be sent out via email in April.
Our Spirit Wear vendor is also scheduled to be onsite during fittings and will be selling LVT Cheer items. (We met with them yesterday and we are SO excited about their ideas!). We will also be setting up an online website where you may purchase spirit wear if you do not wish to purchase the day of fittings.
If you entered into a payment plan I will be sending you an email next week with payment options and instructions.
Please remember to share these events with your friends and family! The only way these fundraisers will work is if we all do what we can to make them as successful as possible!
· Portillos: Wednesday – February 28th from 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm. Simply order your dinner at Portillos in Gurnee and bring in the attached flyer, show it on their phone, or mention the organization at checkout (or if ordering through the drive thru mention it to the 1st order taker) and 20% off all proceeds will go towards the Cheer Camp fund. Invite your friends, families and neighbors!
· Bake Sale: Friday – March 2nd. We are still looking for items for our Bake Sale! If you would like to donate an item for our Bake Sale that is taking place during the Pancake Breakfast, please contact me. All items may be dropped off at the VFW on Friday March 2ndbetween 5:30 – 7:30.
· Pancake Breakfast and Bake Sale: Saturday – March 4th from 8:00 am – 12:00 pm at Lake Villa VFW Tickets may be purchased at the door. This is shaping up to be a great fundraiser and we hope to see you all there! Tickets may be purchased at the door.
· Bowling Fundraiser: Saturday – March 10th starts at 6:30 More details to come. At Lakes Bowl in Round Lake. Tickets may be purchased directly on the Lake Villa Timberwolves website.
CHEER CAMP FOR 5th – 8TH GRADE
Camp will take place Thursday June 7 – Saturday June 9 at Carthage College in Kenosha, WI. The cost is $300 per participant and includes all camp wear (shirts and shorts for the daily actives), lodging, meals, cheer instruction from university cheerleaders, nightly team bonding activities including movies, swimming and a rock climbing wall. The camp concludes on Saturday with a showcase for the Parents.
This camp is not a requirement to participate in the Timberwolves program and it is an optional event. The cost is $300 which is not included your registration fees. If you are interested in participating, you may pay the $300 fee in one payment or break it down into 2 payments ($150 due on March 17 and $150 due on April 16). If paying in full, payment would be due by March 17.
The registration deadline is March 17th. Camp wear fitting will be on Monday April 16. To register please reply to this email.
I hope that this helped to answer some of your questions. Again, if there is anything else you need help with, please let me know. Looking forward to a great season!